More Birds and Bees…
Thinking about my recent “Birds and Bees” tour at Kew Gardens made me think more about how wonderfully programmed the survival of the species is.Here’s a thought….
For the men;
- It takes over 70 days for sperm to be produced.
- Mind boggling quantities are made.
- Only 1 mature sperm in 10 is completely perfect and capable of fertilising an egg.
- Only the fastest and the strongest sperm will be successful.
For the women;
- In the 4th month of embryonic development, all the eggs that she will ever produce are in her ovaries in an immature form.
- 6-7 million eggs are produced.
- Even before she is born, millions of eggs will have expired.
- At puberty,when ovulation occurs,only about 2 million immature eggs remain.
- During the reproductive period, the ovaries use only about200-400 eggs.
When a baby girl is born, already she is carrying all the eggs needed to make her parents into grandparents. Fascinating.
As well as running HypnoBirthing® courses, I offer 1 to 1 sessions for couples who are currently experiencing fertility issues. Lots of privacy and space. Totally Confidential. Perfect for offering emotional support. Get in touch to find out more. Would love to hear from you. Annie xx